What is Sudocrem?
Sudocrem is a market leading product for preventing nappy rash. Clinically proven, it helps to soothe, heal and protect your baby’s delicate skin from further irritation.
Sudocrem has a water-repellent base which forms a protective barrier, therefore helping to stop any irritants (urine and stools) coming into contact with the skin. In addition, the emollient effect of Sudocrem can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft.
Sudocrem can also be used for other skin conditions that require a soothing, protective cream with additional healing properties.
Sudocrem contains a number of ingredients and properties, such as:
•hypoallergenic lanolin, to help provide emollient properties
•zinc oxide is an astringent which reduces the loss of tissue fluid
•benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate are amongst the ingredients of Peruvian Balsam, recognised for its healing properties
•benzyl alcohol is a weak local anaesthetic which acts to ease localised pain and irritation. It also acts as an agent responsible for protection against bacterial contaminants
Sudocrem® is now the Nation’s favourite award winning nappy rash cream in Ireland and UK. Clinically proven to help treat nappy rash by soothing, healing and protecting delicate skin. Developed 80 years ago, tried and trusted by healthcare professionals for decades.
What does nappy rash look like ?
Depending on the severity of the rash, signs can vary from a shiny patch of red, scaly skin to hot, sore, spotty, fiery red skin if it becomes infected.
What causes nappy rash ?
• Urine in contact with baby’s skin
• Ammonia released after urine and stool mix causing inflammation of the skin
• Friction caused by the nappy rubbing against your baby’s delicate skin
• Washing detergents not thoroughly rinsed out of terry nappies
• Be alert to potential triggers of nappy rash :
• Change of milk type
How does Sudocrem® work ?
• Emmolient effect of Sudocrem® helps to soothe sore, inflamed skin whilst leaving it soft
• Local anaesthetic helps to ease the pain and irritation
• Other ingredients help to heal the skin
• Water repellant base protects skin by forming a barrier, helping to stop irritants (uring and stools) coming into contact with the skin
Step by step guide to applying Sudocrem®
• Apply a thin layer of Sudocrem® to the affected areas
• Gently massage Sudocrem® into the skin using small, circular movements.
• DO NOT “rub” the skin as this may cause unnecessary friction.
• There should just be a translucent film left on the skin. If the area stays white after application, then too much has been applied.
• Renew application of Sudocrem® as required.